Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Compatible to Internet Explorer 9

Hi,

How to make the roe.js file compatible with Internet Explorer 9? I generated a sample from Xara Web Designer 6 and I put a link to a pdf file. When I click the link for the pdf file using Internet Explorer 9, I get:

Code:

com.sun.facelets.FaceletException: Error Parsing /index_htm_files/roe.js: Error Traced[line: 1] Content is not allowed in prolog.
            at com.sun.facelets.compiler.SAXCompiler.doCompile(SAXCompiler.java:234)
            at com.sun.facelets.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:105)
            at com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory.createFacelet(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:197)
            at com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory.getFacelet(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:144)
            at com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory.getFacelet(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:95)
            at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.buildView(FaceletViewHandler.java:517)
            at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:567)
            at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:547)
            at org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:100)
            at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:176)
            at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:106)
            at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:251)
            at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:144)
            at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:245)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
            at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:206)
            at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:290)
            at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:388)
            at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:515)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
            at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
            at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:849)
            at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

One of the lines that the roe.js contains is

Code:
    var xr_ie,xr_ie6,xr_ie7,xr_ie8n,xr_chrome,xr_dx,xr_fl,xr_ft,xr_fr,xr_fb,xr_fo,xr_ho;

In my opinion, it's missing some reference to ie9.

Could somebody help me, please?
    Last edited by marcelcamargos; 27 July 2011 at 02:45 AM.

Default Re: Compatible to Internet Explorer 9

I doubt this has anything to do with IE9.
    The 'Content is not allowed in prolog' error goes back a number of years and seems to be connected to an XML error.
    Have you added any code placedholders in your document?
    Have all files uploaded completely? Perhaps there was some corruption during transfer.

Can you give us the URL where this error shows?

the link to my page: www.sigalivre.com.br

please, click the "Regulamento Para Consumidores" link. It works well in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. The problem is ocurring only in IE9. I didn't try in IE8.

I notice you have added <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> to the start of your documents and given them all .xhtml extensions?

Perhaps this link might give you more help than I could say? ► http://www.webheadstart.org/xhtml/faq/index.html

I don't know why but it started to work without any correction. Yesterday, it was claiming that I had another pdf file opened. I see no reason for that because when I closed all opened pdf files, the problem still continued.

It worked last night when I tried it. I assumed you fixed an issue.

It might have been a cache issue.

Take care, Mike