Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fill a rectangle

"To fill a shape with a bitmap or photo fill, do one of the following:

Drag any bitmap from the Bitmap Gallery or from your Windows File Explorer over any shape, hold "Shift" and drop, or
    Drag any fill from the Fill Gallery onto the shape (there is no need to hold "Shift" to drop in this case)
    Select 'Bitmap' from the left side drop down menu of the Fill Tool InfoBar, and then select the required bitmap from the dropdown menu of bitmap names (this only shows bitmaps that are or have been previously loaded)."

This from "help" - I made a rounded corner rectangle and wanted to give it a texture. Have tried to follow these directions but can not get it to fill the rectangle.

Even made a bitmap copy and it does not fill that either. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Fill a rectangle

Works just as it say's Jeb.

Shift-drag-drop

When I drag and drop it leaves another rectangle - a square one and much smaller - on top of my larger rectangle.

But if I then select the larger one and click "fill" on the fill gallery it will fill. Don't know why yours fills when dropped and mind does not but I got it filled. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

I'm holding SHIFT when I drag and drop.

I am using Firefox, what is the Plug-In that I need to view this? (Firefox says it can not find a suitable plug-in <sigh> and I do not know what to look for) Thanks
    Tom - Hwy101

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    Okay, I went to that link -said I would have to choose the OS... downloaded the Plug-In... was not offered a choice & in looking, I don't see that the Installation took anyway... <sigh> I go back and look at that page some more, maybe I missed something. Thanks

Update: Now I see & have it working - Thanks again for the Help with this ShapeShifter. -Hwy101
    Last edited by Hwy101; 27 July 2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Update: Success
    Tom - Hwy101