Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Content Pack Dowloading issue

I recently purchased Designer Pro 7, and started download for Content Pack. About 15% into download, it stopped. I tried to download again, but it would not restart. I re-booted my computer, and tried again to download Content Pack. This time, it appeared to be working (icon to the left is moving), however nothing is downloading. While this happening, my Designer Pro program is frozen. I have re-booted twice now, with the same result. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Default Re: Content Pack Dowloading issue

I hate when stuff like that happens. Arg and Ack!

One thing you might try which sometimes cures odd things like this, is with DP7 closed, right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. Might not help but it is always worth a try.

Look in the C:\Users\your user name\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager folder for a file with content as part of it's name.

This will be a partial file because the content did not completely download.

Delete the file then start the content download again.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the suggestions, but apparently third time is a charm, because when I re-booted a third time, it downloaded fine - though it took several hours. However, since installation, I am getting an error stating that Design Pro could not find my default template, when I try to open a new document. Might be a coincidence. It tells me to open the file I want to use as a default template, but I just want a blank template. Suggestions here would be appreciated.

The use of the word template can be confusing.

What is meant is open the New document type from the File > New menu.

Make any changes you may want in the Utilities > Options dialog, turn on or not the ruler, etc. Then use the File menu > Save Template option and place a check in the use as default checkbox before saving your new 'template'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	default-template.png 
Views:	223 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	83127  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Soquili,

I actually do not get those options from the "New" pull down, matter of fact, I can't find where I can save as a default. I had to open an old document, delete what was on the page, then I went into options, made my changes and saved as template. So, now when I want to open a new document, I go to "File", New", then select "template" from the pull down menu. If I try to click on the blank document icon under "file", I still get the same error. Strange.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	83133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 2.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	83134

Do you work with US Letter or A4 size documents? Select the one you use the most. This will open a document of that size. You can make your changes to the Utilities > Options to your perferred settings.

Once you have the document as you want you then use the File Menu > Save Template option. A dialog will open where you can name your document and there is also an option to make it your Default.

See the attached image. I have overlapped the File menu with a bitmap of the dialog, on your system the File menu will close when the dialog opens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	default-save.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	83141  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Got it! I kept trying to save that template but never saw the default box. I don't know what I would do without this forum. Thanks so much for taking the time to help!