Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Nav Bar Frustrations... can anyone help?

Gosh - you've made a bit of a mess for yourself there.
    I'm only looking at page 1 (index) here:
    You've turned the navbar into a live copy both of which are in the 'color editor' layer of your page.

See: http://i.imgur.com/HNmaB.jpg

You need to kill one (stop updating and delete one) and cut (ctrl+X) the remaining navbar to the mouseoff layer. (The program will ask to remove all navbars from all pages, do this)
    Make sure that Import Layers into the active layer' is set in Options>>General, then select the MouseOff layer and paste-in-place (ctrl+shift+v)
    Then after checking your navbar links, you can repeat it to all pages again.

You also have a code problem with your Constant Contact Bubble Opt-in Email List Form which is preventing other elements on your page from working correctly or even displaying..
    Right at the end of the code you will see: <!-- END: SafeSubscribe
    You must change this to : <!-- END: SafeSubscribe -->

Then all should work fine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	working.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	83111

Arrow Re: Nav Bar Frustrations... can anyone help?

Oops. Didn't see the response on my iPhone. I'll see if I can figure it our from your instructions. Thank you!

Also, is there a reason the drop down menus don't work on an iPhone? Is that normal or should the work there too? When I get the other issues fixed, will they drop down on a smart phone and iPad?

Thanks!

As far as I am aware, Xara does not support smart phone browsers. You may try to simplify your site to suit the iPhone and others however.

Well, I'm still very frustrated. I simply cannot get the drop-down menus to work, no matter what I do. I have double (triple, quadruple) checked and it appears that I'm doing everything correctly. Can anyone think of any reason why they won't work? I just don't get it.

On the first line of the property box for the first button that has the main name of the button, I have been checkng "do nothing," because that button really doesn't link to anything. It's only there to drop down the sub menus. Is that correct? When I publish the page, that button shows no link (I don't get the pointing hand), and the drop-down menus don't appear.

I'm just totally flustered. Thanks.

As mentioned in post#14
    Fix the code for the Newsletter form, remove the livecopy navbar and then place the navbar on the correct layer.
    Then is will all work. I know it works because I did this with your file.
    You're just digging a deeper hole for yourself if you don't fix the mistakes you have already made

Currently, the middle three buttons are not linked. Buttons will not work unless they are linked. If you just want a stand in link, link to # which loads the same page.

Amonsi - As much as I dislike websites that proselytize (my problem, I am the first to admit), I suggest you double click on your nav bar and make sure all of your buttons are linked. As per my advice to SWF, link to # (the pound sign) if you just want to check the mouse over action.

I did all that. The Newsletter form had the --> at the end. I deleted the nav bar from all layers, replaced it and made sure the new bar is now in the MouseOff layer. Nothing is in the Color Line or Color Editor layer. That still didnt' work. I had the drop-down menus working just fine and without touching the nav bar, they quit.

I can't get the buttons to do the roll-over either. (

Is there literature somewhere that explains all the layers?

Well it worked fine for me (as you could at least see in my screenshot I thought?), so something else is happening for you which I can't fathom from your descriptions.
    You can download the WD7 Premium PDF manual from here: http://downloads.xara.com/support/ve.../wdp7/wdp7.pdf