Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sqiggle

Default sqiggle

I ran across these the other day and thought this would make a good challenge.
    So using only one continuouis line draw something and incorporate this image into your design. For some examples see the url below.
    Name:  sqiggle.png
Views: 1321
Size:  4.5 KB

squiggle.xar

http://www.alexcraggs.com/squiggle.html
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: sqiggle

Seems like there is nobody here, Larry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes, you seem to be the only one to try this. I think alex craggs had some good ideas but maybe I should have submitted a photo or clipart and given the challenge as drawing that particular image using only one line.
    At the time I thought of some freeform images in line joining my line then continuing to other freeform linr drawings. like alex craggs did. I know I should have done one myself but I got all involved in (and still am) in the kaleidoscope project.
    Real cute face you made using that line Gary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

nice site Larry - AC seems to have a great grasp on a classic book illustration technique

as I understand it, the core line in the illustration should never cross itself - which is a method of drawing the eye amongst other things

if I get time I will do one

thanks for posting
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

You are 100% correct Steve, and in this regard my line is a poor one to have submitted for this since it does cross itself. When I get to my computer I'ii remake the line. Thank you for pointing that out.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as I understand it, the core line in the illustration should never cross itself - which is a method of drawing the eye amongst other things
    As Steve so correctly pointed out I realized there was a proglem so I remade the squiggle line not crossing litself and conforming better to the spirit of this challenge. So here is your corrected line.

Name:  fixed squiggle.png
Views: 1087
Size:  4.3 KB

squiggle.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crane.png 
Views:	258 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	83552

A Tasmanian Squirrel about to eat a gold fish. Okay it's a crane.
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

Well I thought I'd take some time from the kaleidoscope and do one. This is a single continuous line. It's not very good but it does fulfill my intension.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	squiggle 3.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	83572
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Question Re: sqiggle

Just some Fun --okay, trouble, I went to upload my Squiggle -I would not. I tried to Manage my Attachements (thinking I might have too many) -I could not delete any .

Would someone push me in the Right direction to: Upload My Squiggle & Delete attachments? Thank You

Name:  Squiggle-PNG.png
Views: 907
Size:  7.0 KB

Okay, uploaded -now, just tell me about Deleting Attachements in Manage Attachments...
    Last edited by Hwy101; 16 August 2011 at 03:06 AM. Reason: still trying to upload Squiggie
    Tom - Hwy101

That's a real cute little critter holding the sign Tom.

As far as deleting attachments the best way is to contact either (Antony F-admin. or Mike Bailey-Super Moderator) and they can do it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509