Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using videos

Default Using videos

Most of my saved videos are MP1, and it seems that I can't add any to a page unless they're MP4. Is there any way around this besides having to convert them all?

Default Re: Using videos

You can batch convert to .FLV (better for streaming) or .MP4 using FormatFactory. It's quickly done.
    Alternatively you may be able to use Longtailvideo's free JWplayer, Details on their home page.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

The conversion worked fine and the video was readable with Realplayer. But when I either move it or import it to a page, the video box is either transparent or white. When it plays only the audio comes out. What am I missing?

More information please?
    Like ;
    * Which container did you convert to
    * Which codec did you select (if MP4 container, I suggest h264)

It was converted from mp1 to mp4. It plays fine in other players.

Use h264 codec

I finally found out how to set to that codec in Format Factory. But it didn't change the results. One thing about Format Factory I wasn't thrilled about was that after converting to MP4 it didn't change the date. And the file still plays the same in Real Player.

Not sure what's going on for you then. I use this routinely and it always works 100%
    Don't expect the file to play in the Web Designer window, it won't - you will only see the player placeholder bitmap. But it should play fine in browser preview.
    IE will ask for activex permission.

Not understanding what you mean about the date??

You could upload a sample .mp1 to min.us and paste the link here for me to try?

Tried converting to flv and it works! It plays in both the WD window and in browsers. Resizes OK. The main problem now is that the screen image in all browser views is a blank screen with just the arrow.

The date, after a "new" mp4 or flv file is created, stays the same as the original. This is the first time I ever saw a "new" file created without the date it was created.