Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all.

As an amateur at graphics stuff, I'm after some advice please. I have photo's of a couple of cameras that I want to turn into 'cartoon' versions of themselves, very similar to the way Mac OS and various MS products have produced icons. I have little or no artistic talent as far as freehand drawing goes. I've been told that Xara X could do this. As this is my first day with Xara X. I'm a real newbie.

Can anyone help me please.

I'm a PC/Mac engineer by trade, so if I can help with anything in return, I'll be happy too.

Thank you again and my condolences to all in the US.

Yellowfin

Hi all.

As an amateur at graphics stuff, I'm after some advice please. I have photo's of a couple of cameras that I want to turn into 'cartoon' versions of themselves, very similar to the way Mac OS and various MS products have produced icons. I have little or no artistic talent as far as freehand drawing goes. I've been told that Xara X could do this. As this is my first day with Xara X. I'm a real newbie.

Can anyone help me please.

I'm a PC/Mac engineer by trade, so if I can help with anything in return, I'll be happy too.

Thank you again and my condolences to all in the US.

Yellowfin

Sounds like a similar question to the one I asked a few lines down the page i.e. back filling open paths. Check it out and tell us if this answers your question.

Hope you enjoy Xara X.

Turan

PS you might need to read it a few times to understand it. It may not be the best thing to try first in Xara.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi Yellowfin! Are you a Tuna?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Welcome to the xara forum. Please note there are other usefull forums here at talkgraphics.com - I highlight for you the Xara Gallery Forum. Another important xara resource is The XaraXone which includes many tutorials and has an online manual.

With regards to the designs you want to produce I'd suggest you try playing with xara's tracer tool. You can find it in the utilities menu. You will find useful info about it in xara's help files. As well you can do a search the xara forums here at talkgraphics.com (see top right corner of page) for "tracer'. You'll get results like this.

Good luck and best regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

For a simple line pic, like my hat on the screen snap-shot:

1) Select the freehand tool anddraw some lines with a good sized thinkness (change thinkness via one of the drop down boxes on the top bar);
    2) Select stroke selector;
    3) Choose your stroke type.

Turan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	1447  

What do you think, seen below with a drop shadow.

Turan

Name:	hat.gif 
Views:	338 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	148  

But it is a cool idea I never though of doing in Xara before. It gives some nice results.

Turan

Name:	camera.gif 
Views:	311 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	7989  

Thanks Turan and Ross. I'm going to do some searching and line drawing now .

regards

Yellowfin.

PS. There's nothing fishy about me. Honest