Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eaisest way?

Default Re: Eaisest way?

put "tweakset" in the search-field on top of this page...
    Guy -

I love these tools

I figured out how to do part of what I want with animation - almost. I want "1 2 3" to come in "1" and stay on the screen, "2" to then come in and both "1 2" stay on the screen and then "3" to come on the screen so all - "1 2 3" come on the screen. But it does not stay on the screen.

I have tried to change the loop - unchecked it - time delay, etc., but I can not get the last frame to stay on the screen.

Any suggestions? - jb
    Last edited by jeb; 24 July 2011 at 03:52 PM.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

look at the top of the forum

I must be dense here - first, I have not a clue what a "tweakset" is or how to use it. I downloaded the file and unzipped it and then open the ones I could but don't see anything there that I can use. What is suppose to be there and how will it help solve my problem? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

OK - Here is what I have so far -

Please don't ask me how I got it to stay on the screen - when I made the frames with the extruded text, it would loop but when I added just the plain text it stays on the screen - not a clue as to why.

First problem - when you load the xara file, it has two words of the extruded text on the the rectangle - should not be there but I can find no way to get rid of it.

Second - the quality of the extruded text is very poor.

Third - I now want to add one more line of text (frame) but can find no way to get the file back into "animation". Seems I must start all over again.

Suggestions?

and Forth - I now want this to automatically go to the home page after about 3-5 secs on the last frame - how do I do it?

- jb

After uploading this file, the animation does not work when previewed - it works just fine in my D-7 program. ? - jb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeb; 24 July 2011 at 11:09 PM.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

This is a very confusing thread, I read you words but I just cannot follow what you are saying or what exactly you are trying to achieve or in which program you trying with.
    Do you have any example you can show us, something which already exists on the web that you're trying to copy perhaps? Or even a file of yours showing what you have so far.

Yes, it is - sorry about that. I started with wanting to know how to do two different things - - a rotating banner on a photo or graphic and also how to have text fade in on a page one word at a time while keeping the words that came before it on the page and to then go to the home page after the last frame.

At this point, I am trying to get the text part to work.

And after a lot of time trying different things, it works - sort of - in D-7. See the attached file above. It works when previewed from my D-7 program - it does not work when clicked on from this forum.

I was having a problem trying to figure out how to make the last frame stay on the screen - working with just extruded text, it continued to loop. But when I add the frames with plain text, the last frame does not loop. Don't know why, all the settings are the same.

The attached file above works just fine in my D-7 Pro but does not work when clicked here - don't know why.

Going to quit for now - maybe if I let it sit it will fix itself!

Tks for trying to help. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Your attached .xar file is not much help without the brown potters opening.swf Jeb.

The attached file above works just fine in my D-7 Pro but does not work when clicked here - don't know why.
    What do you mean about not working when clicked here (on the forum)?

In any case, I think what you are trying to do is only fully achievable using Adobe Flash or Swish Max.

Hi Jeb,

Apologies for breaking in, the tweakset is at the top of the TG first page.

Best to give direct links when possible.

WD7 Tweakset here