Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eaisest way?

Default Eaisest way?

I would like to open to a page, fade in, "Welcome to web site name" then fade out and fade in to a graphic and then fade out to home page.

What would be the easiest way to do so using layers, popups or?

Tks - jb

PS - X3D-6 had a lot of "goodies" - spinning, fading, etc. - in it that do not appear to be under the 3D tool in D-7 Pro. After I installed D-7 Pro, I deleted - bad mistake - all my other Xara programs, all the way back to Xara-3, thinking everything was in D-7 Pro, so no longer have those "goodies". They were so easy to use in X3D-6 - can the same things be done in D-7? - jb
    Last edited by jeb; 21 July 2011 at 04:49 PM.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Eaisest way?

here is one way perhaps

place a placeholder on the landing page put this code in it ( in the body) <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;url=page name.htm"> where 1 is the time delay so perhaps .O1 for instant redirect to the second page

have the second page "Welcome to web site name" come in via the page transition feature 'fade in' e.g for 1 second have the same code on this page but alonger time to read the welcome bit say 4 seconds <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="4;url=new page name with graphic .htm"> then with another redirect from this graphic page e.g 2 seconds <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;url=index.htm"> back to the home/index page. with or wothout the page fading in. There is probably a better way than this I suspect

scruffy

Tks, Scruffy - I had a family site from years back that I had built in FrontPage. Had scrolling text, some flash animation, a slide show - a really nice site. I had not looked at it in some time and got a notice that the domain name was up for renewal. Went to the site and it was gone. I have been unable to contact the host - someone told me they had gone out of business.

I am now trying to re-create the site using D-7 Pro.

Most of the graphics I had done in one of the older Xara programs and the flash was done using X3D - quick, simple and easy to do. It would seem that these same tools should be in W-7 but they are not under the "3D" tool and I am not sure where to look for them.

I still have FrontPage on the old computer but not on this one and I can't find the disc for it. The X3D animation will work on that computer but if I import the same file into D-7, the quality is very poor and the animation does not work. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

I have been working with the animation tools - took some simple text and made it go from faded to dark and grow in size.

Then made up the text the way I want it using 3D but when I select it and go to animation all the choices are grayed out.

And it talks about doing other things such as rotation but I can find on way to do so.

Where or where are the X3D tools? - jb

This is not going well - I thought that I would see if making a bitmap copy would solve the problem but when I select the 3D I created and click on create bitmap, the screen that comes up has nothing in it! Am I going to have to go back to Xtreme 5 to do this? - jb
    Last edited by jeb; 21 July 2011 at 09:02 PM.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Xtreme and Designer have never included all the features found in Xara 3D 6 or 7 Jeb.
    The '3D' icon loads only the 'extrude' tool.
    Just reinstall you Xara 3D from the CD and you'll be good to go

PS: If you can't find your CD, just log into your account at Xara, there should be a download link and your registration key there.

Ah - tks, SS.

I guess when I saw the 3D tool I assumed it would do all that X3D would do - wrong! Never should have deleted it!

Will give it a try - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

SS, logged in and found I have had 14 Xara products over the years. Have the reg. number for X3D-6 but can not find a place to download it - just X3D-7, the new one.

Will drop a note to support and see if they can help. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

You can download the X3D6 setup from here: http://site.xara.com/downloads/xara3d/

Another way - just seen it, would be to use john's loading screen tweak form the tweakset (download at the top of the page) to start the process off then use the redirect scripts.

scruffy

Scruffy, where do I find the tweakset? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com