Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasteboard image help...

Hello all,

I'm hoping you can help me. I've got an image of a carbon sheet I want to add as the background on my pasteboard. But, for love nor money I can't get it to work. Could someone please instruct me on how to do this?

thank you!

Default Re: Pasteboard image help...

First right-click the pasteboard in Web Designer 7 Premium and choose 'Default Pasteboard colour'.
    Then Ctrl+Drag'n'drop your image from explorer or the bitmap gallery to your pasteboard.

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    First right-click the pasteboard in Web Designer 7 Premium and choose 'Default Pasteboard colour'.
    Then Ctrl+Drag'n'drop your image from explorer or the bitmap gallery to your pasteboard.
    I need to use an image (happens to be of an ocean) as the pasteboard background for all my pages, without it tiling, and have tried these steps as well as the "Do not tile background" tweak, but the image is still tiling - using XDP7. What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?
    Without seeing your .xar file it would be pure speculation. Can you attach it to your next post please?

The .xar file is attached. The ocean_blue.jpg image in the bitmap gallery is the one I want to use as the background image on each page. Any help, much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Umm.. The ocean_blue.jpg image in your bitmap gallery is only 259x194 pixels 96dpi. If you want this to cover the entire BG, then you need a much bigger image than that, otherwise you have no choice but to tile it.

I found a larger version of the same photo here: http://www.layoutsparks.com/1/200022...lue-waves.html, though it isn't really large enough to cater for all likely screen resolutions of visitors to the site so I've enlarged it to 1920x*

Attached is the index page only with the image applied as a background and the 'Do not tile background' tweak along with the ' Static Background' tweak.
    The image will appear to be tiled when you view the document in Web Designer, but is not tiled when you preview or view in a browser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hardot.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	83350  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, ShapeShifter. Works great. Did not think to use Static Background tweak.