Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MUST HAVE things for next Xara...

1. Fluid Vertical and Horizontal headers, footers and backgrounds. No tweaks. See the program Artisteer 3. It works good for that but lacks in many other areas.
    2. Ability to create rotating image areas for headers and other things, (with smooth transitions) and be able to size it how you like it. (I hate using flash programs to accomplish this)
    3. Many more pre designed buttons (shapes)

thanks again!

Default Re: MUST HAVE things for next Xara...

Perhaps "Some things it would be nice for Xara to have", would sound less strident?

no, i said it right.

It also needs the ability to have transparent backgrounds.

The background is transparent :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

"Must have" for who?

Artisteer and Xara are opposite sides of the same coin. Artisteer is built around templates that the user customises. Xara is built around free design that is translated into HTML.

Fluid elements isn't a must-have in any way. The only way they can exist in an automated program is for templates to have predefined elements that will adapt to fluid layouts, but at the expense of precise control of individual element placement and the graphic finesse of a design program.

Xara provides precise placement and complete design control which is very much contra fluid layout.

So the software is very much coming from opposite directions. Nice to ask for fluid layouts, but I don't see it as a must-have or how Xara could approach it.

Amazing...this forum is for peoples ideas of what they want, but when they post, people feel the need to come in here and tell that person why their post isnt relevant. Go to hell...

Quote Originally Posted by michellelinzi View Post
    Amazing...this forum is for peoples ideas of what they want, but when they post, people feel the need to come in here and tell that person why their post isnt relevant. Go to hell...
    No problem asking for something, but describing it as a "must-have" is something else. Nobody said your post wasn't relevant.

I guess you're not one for much of a discussion, or getting on with people.

I don't even know what he is talking about. "Headers" for what? If I don't even know what they are, it's hard to think Xara needs them at all, let alone needing to do something with them. And he clearly knows very little about what he is doing or he'd know that transparent backgrounds are simple.

I have to say though, seeing him put "MUST HAVE" in upper case, you just knew he was going to be a militant so and so, didn't you? Hopefully he will be ignored by the powers that be until he learns some manners.

Michelle, I would guess is a she. Her request has been made before and it's a legitimate thing to want but it's hardly an essential. I don't have a problem with Michelle asking for the feature.

The headers, footers and backgrounds referred to are web page headers - banners if you like - and similarly for the backgrounds and footer; all visible elements that Michelle would like to see adapt to the page width. Most people using Xara and other software fake expanding elements by using a vertically tiled background that appears to extend the header or footer at the edges.

It would be great to see Xara incorporate the feature, but it's a tough ask (which is what I was trying to explain) when you try and combine precisely positioned elements and design freedom with a fluid layout which moves things around according to rules.

We all have bad days and today is a new day, so peace to all.

You're too kind, Paul. Even on a bad day I wouldn't use language such as 'go to hell' in a forum environment.