Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default advice on running Designer Pro on a Mac?

Searching this forum for 'Mac' produced zero hits which is strange because I remember several old threads on a potential Mac version.

Anyway, I have a practical short-term decision to make: I have to buy a new laptop. A MacBook Air would be a no-brainer for my needs except that I do business graphics with Designer Pro and am committed to continue doing so.

If any of you run Designer Pro on a Mac with Bootcamp or Parallel, I would be most grateful to hear how well it works and any tips you have.

Many thanks,
    Dave
    http://www.davelash.com
    Strategy | Innovation | Facilitation

Default Re: advice on running Designer Pro on a Mac?

I am running Designer Pro 6 using Parallels 5 on an older Mac Mini and the only issue is the memory limitation (2 gig) of the machine which shows up on complex drawings the use a lot of bitmaps. Otherwise it runs great. Parallels versions 5 and now 6 are very mature products and as most of the new Macs support larger memory sizes, it should run great for you also.
    adios,
    sunland

Default Re: advice on running Designer Pro on a Mac?

I have a MacPro at work which only ever runs Win7 (MacOS is useless) via Bootcamp (the world's slowest, most useless boot manager). DP7 runs fine, but then I have 8 cores so everything runs pretty well. Rather than get an Air, you should look at the new Samsung Series 9 laptops. They are more expensive than an Air but they are running current gen Core i5 CPUs, not 2 generations old Core2Duos. The form factors are similar, 11" and 13", but the Samsung is much sexier to my eyes. They are definitely worth checking out before you make a decision. There is a visual comparison here - http://www.notebooklist.net/asus-len...air-fight.html There is supposed to be a link to a proper comparison but I can't find it.