Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stop & Post July 2011

Hello all. Sorry for the delay. Iīve been setting up a new PC and installing software etc since the old one... is gone

You all know the story... Please stop whatever youīre doing and post it. Let the other members know what you have been doing lately.
    What? It isnīt finished yet??? Even better! Just go ahead and donīt think about it...

I will update this post with an image as soon as i can (still have to install some stuff).
    See you next month...
    Happy posting!
    Last edited by MEB; 08 July 2011 at 03:00 AM.

Default Re: Stop & Post July 2011

I just finished a 20" x 16" stereogram poster for a photographer in Ireland, Bill Abernathy http://www.billabphoto.com/Straid_Gallery/Welcome.html.

The subject matter should be familiar. The repeating pattern was created from one of Bill's images of frost-covered leaves.

I worked with a 3ds model which gave me the freedom to move the image around until I got the best angle. Normally I would draw the hidden image and be locked into whatever angle I used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	82731  

well, I'm getting back into the swing of things and I updated a Superman logo that I did about a year ago. I have been going through some of the tutorials to brush up on my skills since I've not used Xara very much in the last year. I am working on several projects, I will start posting some of my work.

Name:	superman.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	82758  

For my youngest grandaughter's birthday........ It needs a bit more work and I'm sure there's a more appropriate font somewhere -

Penny

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Birthday Card WIP.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	82799

Cute Penny
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Nice Stereogram Gary,

It's the first time I succeed to "see" one.
    I find it quite relaxing on the eyes actually!

Marc

Hi,
    Playing around and created this using Frances' business Card template...had to adjust as I used Avery business card 10 up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bus_card.png 
Views:	289 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	83014
    p.s. it is bitmap copy...
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    well, I'm getting back into the swing of things and I updated a Superman logo that I did about a year ago. I have been going through some of the tutorials to brush up on my skills since I've not used Xara very much in the last year. I am working on several projects, I will start posting some of my work.
    If this is you getting back into the swing of things, I can't wait to see what you do when you're up an running properly!

I'm not too sure about the small 's' above the big one?
    But, the rest of the drawing just brilliant.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Rik and I collaborated on a logo design project www.gwpriester.com/cc

The company is marketing its own line of handbags and fashion accessories. The last three rows of "cinnamon" colored designs were the initial presentation and were based on a color scheme of cinnamon colors (Canela is Spanish for Cinnamon).

After reviewing the first round of designs, the client picked the C made up from circles. He asked to see a more colorful version and provided a list of his favorites colors which were incorporated into the designs in the first two rows. The second color design on the second row was selected as the approved logo design.

It was the first time I have collaborated with someone on a logo design and I was very happy with Rik's designs (row 3 designs 2-6) and would have been happy had any of Rik's designs been selected. It was a fun project and Rik came through like a real pro. And the best part is the client was very, very happy with all of the designs and promised more work next year.

Name:	59.png 
Views:	225 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	83090  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 24 July 2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: added image

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    First of all I love this image.

If I may point out, the middle section of the larger "S" is showing the flames of the fire image behind the large "S", the image looks as if it's merely showing the flames from behind the "S" rather than showing a reflection of the flames on the "S".

just an observation, but otherwise a VERY IMPRESSIVE IMAGE!!!
    ~ Madalynne ~
    a.k.a.: M1SS D3V10US, a.k.a.: Sharkie

| My TalkGraphics.com Albums | Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 98 |