Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Great tutorial revisited

I really want to thank you Gary for all the excellent tutorials that you come up with. I just went through your clock tutorial again and picked up so many things that I missed the first time I went through it. I added some of my own personal touches and BP gave me a few pointers. Anyways, this is how it turned out. I really like working with the new Xara designer Pro seven. It makes the alignment of objects so much easier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clock.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	82761

Default Re: Great tutorial revisited

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Excellent. That is one of my favorite tutorials. The actual Seth Thomas clock is right outside my office in the hallway. I have had it for almost 40 years.

That looks first rate, Psaumure.

I love Xara! It's amazing when someone can look at something and express themselves on this type of canvas. I have never been able to draw with pen and pencil, but I can in Xara. Gary, You did an amazing job on this tutorial. thank you for all your contributions to this forum. I greatly appreciated.

My son is just getting started with Xara. He started with the world clock, (which got him hooked.) and now he has just completed this tutorial for himself. I give him some tips here and there, but he goes through the tutorials by himself. BP sent him some images of some of the work that he has done and really fired up my son's interest. He used to say that vector work look cartoonish and he did not like the effect. That was until BP sent him a picture of the Ferrari that he had done. After that, he was sold and started working on the world clock.

Thank you, Gary, Rik and gray for your comments. I greatly appreciate the support from everyone on this form. Everyone has been so helpful in the development of my Xara skills.
    Last edited by Psaumure; 10 July 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Wow, that looks great, I always wanted to do that one, just have to get around to it

Merv

Thank you ontos. I have attached something that helped me get many projects done. I hope it will help you as much as it has helped me. Just download it, and you will have your own personal Xara round tuit that will help you get all your Xara project done. now that you have a round tuit, you can do it!

Enjoy,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuit.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	82777

Good one Psaumure!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.