Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Move site from Dreamweaver to Designer Pro

I have used Xara products for many years but only as a tool to create artwork - never as a tool to create websites. (Currently use Designer Pro).

I have always coded and maintained websites using Dreamweaver and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. However, I have one site that uses a lot of photographs, many of which are frequently being updated, deleted, replaced and edited.

I believe that it would be advantageous if I could "reverse-engineer" this site from Dreamweaver into Designer Pro. Currently I do all the photo-editing work in DP and then import this work into Dreamweaver and update the site from there. It seems to make more sense if I could update the site directly in DP and then upload directly to the server from within DP.

However I have no idea how to move a Dreamweaver site into Designer Pro. I would therefore be grateful if someone could advise me as to how I would go about doing this.

TiA

T.

Default Re: Move site from Dreamweaver to Designer Pro

You'll have to start from scratch as Designer Pro isn't a HTML editor and can't open html files.
    GWP has a tutorial on recreating a web page here: http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest91/

One thing, if it's a photo heavy site you plan to build in Designer -- it's advised to optimise jpgs regularly, save, close then reopen Designer -- else you may fall victim to the dreaded OOM

You can quickly import all the images from a page using the File > Import Graphics from Web...

You may get an error message (I just did when I tried this), that says something about no filter. Just ignore it. All of the images from that page come in fine. (Not sure about Flash or MPG though).

Thanks to both of you for your feedback and suggestions.

Considering your comments I have refined what I would actually like to accomplish.

The attached diagram "dw and dp.jpg" explains what I would like to do.

Is this possible and if it is how do you suggest I go about it?

Thanks for your help.

T.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DW and DP.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	82730