Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Not all Pantone Colors available in XD7 Pro

Just working through a few designs and noticed that quite a few of the Pantone colors don't exist in XD7 Pro so far all six colors i wanted to use are not in the libraries. Any ideas how to update the Xara Pantone palettes.
    I ate my crayon.

Default Re: Not all Pantone Colors available in XD7 Pro

It may well be that the colours are there but have names that are now slightly different. What colours are you looking for?

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I think it's due to having the new PLUS series. Two colors I just went looking for are 7495C (143 153 62), 7621 C (171,35,40).
    I ate my crayon.

Are those RGB values in the brackets? There is a PANTONE 7495 C in the "solid coated" library but it is a yellowish green (102, 168, 0 when changed to RGB in DP7) much greener than the khaki-like colour that 143, 153, 62 gives (though "show printer colours" makes it look closer). The last colour with a 7000 name in that library is 7547 so it looks like they've added some more recently(-ish).

Gerry

Yes they were RGB values, I think I'll just have to make spot colors where required and not use Xara's Pantone palette just incase I send the wrong PMS to the printer.
    I ate my crayon.