Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy The curious disappearance of XD6, a warning

Purchased, downloaded and registered XD7 today. Under Help, first thing I notice, an option labelled Content... Aha, thought I, naive and trusting as usual, maybe it's possible now to get the new content before the CD arrives after all. That would be different. So I mindlessly give it a go. First thing the program did was uninstall what looked like a godawful bunch of old content--clip art, web themes &c., then installed new stuff. Took awhile, it did. Hmm.. By now I'm already suspicious.

So I check the new design gallery, the web themes, and see nothing new save perhaps one theme, called grid or some such. I fire up XD6 to check--and it's bloody gone. Nothing left but a few pitiful fragments. Blown away. Been with Xara since about v.1 I think; first time anything like this ever happened.

Not the end of the world maybe, but an unpleasant surprise. Maybe there was a warning somewhere that I missed? Don't think so... I guess I can re-install 6 easily enough, but it's a pain. Maybe I should fire off something to Xara about this?
    Phil Thompson

Default Re: The curious disappearance of XD6, a warning

First thing the program did was uninstall what looked like a godawful bunch of old content.
    Maybe I should fire off something to Xara about this?
    I think that's best Phil. I've never seen an option in any Xara/Magix installer to remove old content first.
    I'd certainly like to hear Xara's response to that

Think you should because Xara installers don't uninstall anything. Mind you, a thorough virus scan would not go amiss
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks to both of you. Yeah, I've never before had a Xara install screw up anything--which is why I was so trusting this time. As for a virus, don't know, I'm well protected with Norton, nothing was reported. I'll follow your advice and post to Xara support.
    Phil Thompson