Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a way to "fire" a popup from another page?

I have a unique situation (I've searched the forum) in which I'd like to try and fire a popup layer from a link on another page.

Here's a scenario; a link on the Services page goes to the Home page, then automatically opens the popup layer there -- for example: "javascript:xr_cpu(4)" onclick="return(xr_nn());" (these are the on-page anchor href elements that display the layer).

I'm familiar with xHTML and CSS, so hacking it in is fine. This would be something like linking to an on-page anchor, except the layer (div) is initially hidden.

Perhaps this can be done with Names, I don't know.

Default Re: Is there a way to "fire" a popup from another page?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not real sure why you would want to do this. Can you explain why you want to do this as opposed to a pop up layer on the current page. Being simple of mind, I would find this very confusing and disorienting.

I just tried to see if you can link to a pop up layer on another page and I don't think you can.

Quote Originally Posted by nicheknack View Post
    I have a unique situation (I've searched the forum)
    You have to search better. This was answered before.
    in which I'd like to try and fire a popup layer from a link on another page.
    It is not possible without scripting.
    John.

Sorry covoxer, I could not find it, I'll be more thorough in the future.

The client wants to have a "clean" Home page, so I hid the important text in a popup. Now, he wants to be able to go to it from any page--with one click. If I put the text on every page (the easy solution), it will become duplicate content. So I was exploring alternatives. I lack scripting skills myself, so I'll shoot for a compromise. Thanks for your replies.