Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trial version question

I've just installed the trial of Web Design Premium and looked at a couple of the videos.

I've been looking through the design gallery of Web Site Templates to see if there are any that I would like. I can see the small preview images, but I'd like to play around with one or two of the templates to get some idea of how my web site might look. But all of the themes just give an error message that that theme is not available in the trial.

Am I only allowed to play with the 1 theme that is under Example Web Templates ?

I hope not, as it is not a theme I would use. The trial is going to be of limited use if I can only see small preview pics of the themes and am disallowed from playing with any of them. Surely I'm missing something?

Default Re: Trial version question

I thought I was missing something, too, but I wasn't. We are just out of luck.

You can't use any of the templates or other objects, and I don't think you can see the templates any way but as a tiny thumbnail. IMHO this isn't a real great way to show off the product.

The product is about a lot more than just a few bundled themes. Most people do their own designs. It's seems pretty odd to chose a design product on the basis of bundled themes.

Why would you expect Xara to give away website designs to people who might not actually buy the product?

Welcome to TG Appleton.

I would still have liked to start with a design I might find useful, especially as a new user. I don't expect them to give anything away - I'd have hoped that perhaps the designs could be viewed locally or something like that. It's a pity that you can't get a decent view of the bundled themes.

I think that many people want to trial the functionality rather than the themes. Most people either work own their own designs, some use the themes, some use the themes and change them.

I take your point, though Xara doesn't limit the trial in any way, it just supplies themes when you buy the full product.

Thanks for the comments. I'll have a tinker with the example theme then.

You can look at all the themes supplied with the full version on the Xara website at:

http://www.xara.com/uk/products/webdesigner/templates/

Gerry