Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ftp function not working

Has anybody had trouble with the ftp function in DP7?
    I can upload with CuteFTP ok, but when publishing in DP7 I get the error "the server name or address cannot be resolved".
    It's been working fine up until today??????

Default Re: ftp function not working

This might be a problem with the web host's server. Especially if you have been successful before.

Verify all your settings and make sure that nothing has changed. And check with your web host to see if they are having any problems.

One thing that often happens, is in copying and pasting, a space is inadvertently copied which by looking you don't see it, but, a space is a character and could cause a problem in a hostname, IP address, username, and password. A simple typo could also cause a problem and may be unnoticeable on first glance.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

I've actually checked all the settings. Re-typed login, password etc. Still won't connect.
    The real problem is that it worked in the morning, but later in the day it would not connect. Nothing had been changed.
    CuteFTP still connected fine, and still does.

Check your firewall hasn't blocked DP7

Tried it again today and it has magically started working again?????????
    Thanks for the input

I have a website that I initially created with the first Xara WebDesigner. It imports fine into Xara designer pro, but when I try to upload to my webspace using the internal ftp system, the file names appear in the correct directory, but the html files contain 0 bytes. Hence the site does not work.
    However if I use a stand alone FTP package I can upload the site that Xara designer pro exports, and it works perfectly.

Any ideas much appreciated.