Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy help with pop-up layers Trying to have sound on a rollover effect

Hello people its me again

I have created a square with a pop up effect (same square but with a rollover effect so when mouse is on top of the square it changes color)
    I want that square to make a sound when a visitor hovers on the square is it possible now that I have a popup layer?

How would I do this with "placeholder" option? or is there another way? I can provide a file of the project if you require it.

Default Re: help with pop-up layers Trying to have sound on a rollover effect

i've used a flash file and placed it into the place holder to create sound on a page. Be sure you include any coding you want for the sound (if any) when you create the .swf file in swish. I've never tried using it for a button though. I use swish for most of the stuff i do in flash. I'd imagine that you could simply put the placeholder containing the sound file (.swf) on the mouseover layer for that button, along with the different color button. Try that and see if it works. Be sure to upload your .swf file to the server since it's not actually IN the document you're creating, you're only telling Xara to play thisfile.swf on mouseover. If thisfile.swf isn't on the server it won't play so be sure to use an FTP program to get the .swf file on the server.

I guess it's obvious that if you're not using flash, I have NO advice. sorry.