Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy White stripe around exported wallpaper graphic

Hello,

Please could an expert offer some help. I am trying to make a simple wallpaper. I check everything carefully. Make the page 1280 x 800. Make sure the alignment is ok by inserting measurements in the boxes - ie not dragging. Make sure no object is secretly sticking out a bit. I have deleted the page's shadow. But no matter what I do I find there is a white box around the wallpaper I export. Can't figure out why, and can't get rid of it. I have also noticed that sometimes, even though I have set all objects to have a 0 point - ie be butted up against the page - their measurement suddenly will show 7px or such like and it will spring back into misalignment.

Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong. I just want to make a simple 1280 x 800 wallpaper for a client, something very easy. But something is going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

A

Default Re: White stripe around exported wallpaper graphic

What is the size of the exported wallpaper?
    That might tell you whether something, like a shadow, is causing the problem.

What try and do is to use clipview of the size I want to export.
    That way, you should have no problems.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Have you changed the graphic size and not just the page size? Try making a rectangle the finished size and color you want and center your graphic on that, group. Another thing you can try is to change the page color before exporting. On your graphic clear line color, I don't think 0 pix is quite the same but not sure about that. Hope this helps some.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi,
    It would help if you posted the image in question...we are just grasping right now...
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Hi All

Thanks for trying to help. I have tried all the above. It seems to be more connected to the fact that Xara cannot do absolute pixels. Try as I might, and whether I group everything in a rectangle or not, and whether I have carefully looked beforehand to see what could be making the file go out of kilter, I still cannot get Xara to make a graphic as it is on the screen. Exported to png, exported to jpg, exported any which way - I get the strip of white around. It's as if the program is antialiasing to the background. Experts, is it the case that you align your graphics slightly in from the edge to make sure they don't anti alias to the background? It is the only conclusion I can think of.

THanks again for helping. I am not in work today. The file is. Sorry.

A

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-problem/page2 is a five year old problem, and I think I still have it.

Arty, it would really help if you posted a XAR file. If too large, put it on yousendit.com or dropbox.com and post a link.

I have tried 3 times now and cannot replicate this issue.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    It seems to be more connected to the fact that Xara cannot do absolute pixels.

Xara has no problems with whole pixel integers.

For your wallpaper creation graphic I suggest:-

* Make sure all units are set to 'pixels' (no cm/in ect)
    * set grid ruler spacing to decimal units (eg; 10px / 10 or 50px / 50)
    * set 'snap to grid*
    * Choose a New Blank Photo template
    * Size your image to 1280x800
    * Export (I chose JPG 20% compression)

Will be perfect
    Sample using above method: http://i.imgur.com/KukRp.jpg

Since the OP isn't including an image for us, how does he/she expect a solution. I would export the image in question, open in bitmap editor 'mask' the whole image then reduce the mask by 1pix. and crop to that then import into XAra program and use that way. elimiates white edges.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Using the previously mentioned method works every time, there is no need to use external bitmap editors.
    Another thing worth noting with version 7 and 'web document' templates is that Xara forces whole pixel png exporting to avoid white edges to page image elements. Try it..