I've read many of the threads concerning how XWD can't support blog pages primarily because of the fixed length pages. Currently, I am "emulating" a blog by using placeholders to accommodate automatically updating RSS feeds from a Wordpress.com blog. It looks like a blog page because I have the current post in the main part of the page and then use a second placeholder to hold the Recent Posts index, also on RSS from the Wordpress site.

That's all well and good, but by doing it this way, the website does not get the decided advantage of having the relevant and constantly updated content picked up by search engines. And, since "relevant" and "updated" is the current holy grail of SEO, the website is missing a lot.

So, anybody have any new and wonderful ideas? I am thinking of putting in pages of 10 to 15k px in length to hold the blogs & archives and try to manually host the blog within the website, but that's a ton of work even if the blog is only updated weekly. And, this still doesn't allow for comment by readers, but I'm not as concerned about that as I am missing the searchable content opportunity. Would be nice if there was some sort of widget XWD could include in future versions to handle this since blogs are such an integral part of most business websites nowadays.