Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page transitions

Just added page transitions to a new site for the first time - Is it me? My page transitions (fade through back) don't work when you have a drop down menu they work off the heading nav bar fine. Any ideas? What am I doing wrong? Same in ff as ie9

Scruffy

Default Re: Page transitions

Page transitions seem to work best when the pages are fairly small and normally load very quickly.

I had some problems with Google Chrome users whose browsers would freeze when trying to transition to a page with an embedded video.

But I am not sure about problems with drop down menus. Are you referring to sub menus created with the Navigation Bar Tool?

yes sub menus that appear when you double click the nav bar they dont work

no videos on the pages just a few pop up pictures

scruffy

Can you document this? Step by step. I'll make sure someone at Xara sees this post.

Have u tried this gary and got the same result?

Here goes

I have a nav bar with 4 buttons created in wdp6 on two of the buttons there is a sub menu
    button 1 home page used drop down top to bottom no problem off the main button
    button 2 has one sub menu wanted fade to back for this page i have this effect off the main button and on the one sub menu - the main button effect works the sub menu does not
    button 3 has 4 sub menus main button is linked to# so not in use the rest are fade to back none of the fade to back works in this sub menu
    button 4 link to another subfolder so no transiton selcted
    Any ideas checked layer transitions and none are in evidence

Scruffy

Hi can you provide an example file displaying the problem please?

Many thanks

Reply from xara -

Currently, pages that are linked to from a sub menu cannot invoke transitions that are applied to a page being linked to.

I have added this example to the open log for the development team to look at this.

Top level nav bars cannot have a transition applied to the link either, but will invoke a transition which is applied to the page.

Kind regards, xara

scruffy
    All a bit grim really

Keep in mind that page transitions were implemented first of all for the presentations. They are of limited use for a regular websites (unlike layer transitions which are very useful indeed). And there's no point of having navbar in the presentation.
    John.

Hi john

To me as a a js/jq virgin whats the difference between an effect of a button on a presentation made in xara and a button on a website i.e nav button. If web transitions are to be used would it make sense then to use the nav bars to link to layers and have in effect a 1 page website made with multiple layers now....is there a work round using the nav bar links at your end in the pipeline?

Scruffy