Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Font Styles Won't Change

I must be doing something stupid, but I can't figure out what.

I can't change to bold or italic versions of a font. Even when it is included in the options for a font.

It will show the preview of the change, but when I select it, the display goes back to the vanilla version.

Any ideas??
    Kathleen

Default Re: Font Styles Won't Change

What version of software? Does this happen with every font, or a particular font? Font name?

Mike

That does not sound right. Please let us know what Xara product and product version you are using.

Hi Mike & Gary,

Thanks for the post. I'm using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6.1.1.13205.

It happens with all the fonts.

For example, I typed something in Arial.

Then, I highlighted the words and went down through the font dropdown, scrolling over the different fonts, going out to the sub menu options and scrolling over those options.

For any font I've tried, the highlighted text shows the change in font, and even the selections on the sub menus like bold, italic.

If I select Times New Roman, the highlighted text changes to that font.

But if I select anything on a submenu of any font, let's say Times New Roman Bold Italic, the highlighted text reverts to Arial, the font it was typed in originally.

This just started today out of the blue. No error messages or anything. I've tried closing the program and opening it again, creating a new page - I'm stumped.
    Kathleen

Kathleen did you reboot your computer? This can clean up things in the system that can cause these unexpected font problems.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hello All - Rebooted, but it's still doing it. I need help!

Kathleen

I tried it on Magix Foto&Grafik Designer which should be the same as yours but I have version 6.1.3.15477. All is working fine. Perhaps you can update your software?

Hi,
    After selecting the font you desire to change to there is a "Apply' button on top left did you hit it? You have too
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Well, now it's working OK in a file I created this am. This is nuts. Maybe the file I was working on yesterday was corrupted along with any new files created yesterday, but after the reboot, new files I'm creating now are OK.

Might be just one of those gremlin things.
    Kathleen

Stuff happens, ya know. I cannot tell you how many times that has happened to me. I am glad you are sorted out Kathleen.