Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: CMYK Colour Issues in XDPro 7

Hi Shape--did you try my little color picker test. Not the point, I know. But in trying to replicate the problem it does seem a bit off.

Mike

You know i just ran XD7 Pro as administrator and used the same CMYK values and now it shows as the correct colours? I don't see how this can make a difference.
    I ate my crayon.

Are you on windows 7?

I have a couple applications--Illy for one--that had odd issues without running as admin. Which, btw, you only need to do once (iirc).

take care, Mike

Yeah Windows 7 64 bit, Never had a problem prior. Well at least that issue is sorted for now. Maybe I should just work with strict Pantone chart here and not worry how it looks on screen at least i can guarantee colours this way.
    I ate my crayon.

All your problems, I think, stems from xara's use of RGB while the PDF export converts it to CMYK therefore giving you the large colour shift. As the output is for print then I would say to you use a known colour palette for your print. Get a colour wheel with each of the segments describe with both RGB and CMYK values alongside printed and use those values in your drawings until you have enough experience on how colours will look. This will save you a lot of time when you export and then have to check your output take it then back into xara to modify your colours so that it will print correctly. Your suggestion to use pantone is a good one but only if you have the cards to check what the final output will look like visually in your hand. The other one about the Adobe products will also help and I would suggest to buy either InDesign or Adobe Acro Pro both will help you with your final output.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks just looking at purchasing a pantone chart now that shows Pantone, CMYK and hex values, most of my work is completed for print and signage so do i need EC, PC or UP, I notice i can order a Pantone Bridge coated or uncoated? Confused!!!!
    I ate my crayon.

The book I use most of the time with a client is the Pantone Solid to Process version. Now, it is on coated stock. Not quite high-gloss. That way I can also show them the effect of what CMYK is going to print like. but the Pantone (the solids) is what they usually pick from. So both types (P solid and CMYK) printed side by side is handy for me.

That said, for both print and web work where it is my vision guiding things, I rely on Jim Krause's Color Index quite a lot. Shows both RGB and CMYK values and printed areas of both color spaces. I have both his Index #s 1 & 2. You don't need both. My only compliant about them is the size, but other than that, they are inexpensive and durable.

Take care, Mike

Thanks Mike.

I just found a local company thats sells a Pantone Plus Color Bridge that shows Coated and Uncoated CMYK, Pantone and HEX - No more guess work for me now. Thanks for all your help and advise.
    I ate my crayon.

output your pdf as cmyk and then using adobe acrobat view it, the colors should be close to what you will get. This is how i do it.

I'm using a Pantone bridge book now so there's no guessing involved, I like to know exactly what the end results will be.
    I ate my crayon.