Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Images are not clear when exported from Xara Web Designer Premium

Hello, I'm currently on the trial for the program, but I have an issue, once I export a site, the pictures are not as clear as they are in the work-space window.

Here is an example from inside the program:

http://screensnapr.com/-/uploads/bzxjXz.png

And here is what happens when I export it:

http://screensnapr.com/-/uploads/gpHwJy.png

Thanks for any help or a solution.

Default Re: Images are not clear when exported from Xara Web Designer Premium

I don't think I'm seeing what you are seeing ?

Compare the thumbnails from the first picture and the second picture, the second picture has noticeable burrs.

Yes I compared already of course. My eyes must be worse than I thought - I can't see any differences in the images.

I'm not seeing any difference either. Is it only on the menu buttons ?

If so this may help.

The problem is due to the exported images being jpg and showing jpg artifacts. If you "optimized" all images for the website they would export as jpgs and not pngs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compare.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	82479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compare2.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	82480  

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I can see the difference, as bill says, use the png option, graphics with flat areas of colour will display better.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Oh dear, maybe 31 years sitting in front of a computer screen are beginning to take a toll

You are also posting screen captures which are not the same as seeing the page in a browser.

I would go with Bill's suggestion and export the images that are graphic and not photos as PNG. Usually 256 colors works fine. Add dithering error diffusion if necessary.

Even some photographs look cleaner in 256 colors than in JPEG unless you use a very minimal amount of compression.