Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda RX-7

Default Re: Mazda RX-7

That's amazing work! I love the work you did with the wheels and the smoke and I even like the sparks.

Now, about the sparks - I must admit to being curious about the sparks on the other side of the car. What is the car scraping up against to create that kind of sparkage (yes I know, not a real word) and that amount of sparks? If there was something there in the dark the spark would shine some light (even if a little) on whatever it is the car has hit. like a wall or guardrail (which is absent from the image). It's can't be a curb, the sparks are too high up on the car. Please share with us.

gwpriester was quick to point out there is No Driver - maybe the car is remote controlled or maybe it's a Knight Rider (Tokyo style) lol
    ~ Madalynne ~
    a.k.a.: M1SS D3V10US, a.k.a.: Sharkie

| My TalkGraphics.com Albums | Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 98 |

Thanks Madalynne and you right about sparks.
    I'm a not professional artist I want draw car in my own position and with my own tuning, but it is only dream Most of my illustrations have a very simple background. From the beginning I didn't have any idea about background. So It is was improvisation with vector car and with raster backround and effects. I can draw nice object, but nice and rich background - it is my problem.
    About sparks - I know it is not real. This amount of sparks and shine lights does illustration more rich and more colorful and only

Info Re: Mazda RX-7

Evgeny,
    I don't consider myself to be a professional artist either, but I have been a professional race car driver. Mazda was my primary sponsor, and I drive 2 different RX-7 race cars. Needless to say, I have a passion for cars & I understand them. I see an image of a car, and I look at it as a for what it is, a snap shot in time. Maybe it's just the racer in me but I find myself looking over the image very closely. Is the car in motion, how is it moving, what is the intended vector vs, the actual vector, ect. I see your image and those questions com to mind. You get my point, I'm sure. The sparks are a nice touch and they add drama to the image, but the sparks don't create them selves and they just don't magically appear - something creates them and causes them to be created.

anyway..

Now I feel like a witch, like I've torn your image apart - sorry. so to help make-up for that, I'm posting the first drawing I did in the computer (xara) was far from perfect and riddled with lots of missing parts and mistakes - as you can see. I understand the simple background aspect, and only being focused on the subject in the image, been there, done that.

I'm be honest with you, the images of the cars you are creating in xara are Truly AMAZING, and dare I say I'm a little envious. I don't think I can do that level of detail like you have. Very Professional level work, IMHO - although, gwpriester would know better than me.

They point I'm trying to make here is don't sell yourself short. Your work is Very Impressive - VERY. I (and the rest of us here) point things out to you only to help you advanced further. If you had only done the car and left the background to be a simple vague image, that would world, but once you start adding things to the background, you need to finish it. The sparks draw your attention to the background, or at least it did for me - hence my comments

Keep Up the Great work, but think about what I've said.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hot Rod - 1997.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	82576  
    ~ Madalynne ~

Fantastic images! They look very professional too me.
    The sparks are from a blowout, the rim on the tarmac is making them obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    Fantastic images! They look very professional too me.
    The sparks are from a blowout, the rim on the tarmac is making them obviously.
    ...and the sparks coming from the upper part of the front fender and door? A rim on the pavement would cause sparks, but not like that - Trust me.
    ~ Madalynne ~