Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Magic Wand..anything like it.

Working with the mask is cool, but Photoshop has the Magic Wand that allows you to clear unwanted areas quickly. Do we have anything akin to it. If so I haven't found it yet. Another area of interest is a plain old Marquee area where you can circumference things at will. I'm working XD Pro 6 right now; will be upgrading to 7 soon I hope.

Default Re: Magic Wand..anything like it.

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...9/index_7.html

A good reason to upgrade to Designer Pro 7.

The closest thing to a magic wand tool is the MEHDI Eraser -- this will remove an area of same and similer colour by tolerance level.

Thanks, I'm playing with it now without a great deal of success. Tried taking out a color, but it left too much trash in the area.

Well Xara is not a raster-pixel editor, so you have to think a little differently. Your only other option is to assign PhotoShop (if you have it) or similar as your bitmap editor.

From Xara Help
    Integration with external Photo Editors
    While Xara Designer Pro 7 provides a great many photo editing and compositing features, it is not a "pixel editor", and for these purposes you may want to use a separate program. Xara Designer Pro 7 makes integration with these easy. You can configure any external program to be launched when you double click a photo while in the Photo Tool, and after editing, for the photo to automatically be transferred back into your Designer Pro document.