Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default web designer 7 premium vs. designer pro 7

So, I recently upgraded my web designer to 7 premium. Then I saw an email from Xara about some affiliate stuff where "magic erase" caught my eye, several web pages of info later I see that that cool function is in designer 7 pro, but not web designer 7 premium (names are too similar!). More web pages later it is starting to look like I should have upgraded my designer pro 6 to 7 instead as it looks like designer 7 pro has everything in it that web designer 7 premium has, and then some.

So, is this the case? Did I waste my money, or is wd7 not a subset of d7?

Thanks.

jaime

Default Re: web designer 7 premium vs. designer pro 7

Welcome to TalkGraphics. I absolutely agree that the program titles are too similar. And there is quite a crossover of features.

Designer Pro 7 has all of the web design features and the complete set of drawing and photo editing tools.

You did not waste your money. Especially if you want to design first rate web sites.

Default Re: web designer 7 premium vs. designer pro 7

Did I waste my money, or is wd7 not a subset of d7?
    XDP7 has all features of WDP7 + a few more.
    You did not waste your money! WDP7 is a loaded program. Nothing lacking in functionality or ability.

The extra options in XDP7 may or may not be of interest to you.
    Photo related like Panorama Studio, HD photo importing, magic erase
    Web: I think Live Copy is not in your version.
    And most importantly to the people that buy XDP7, commercial printing options: Pantone Colors, PDF/X and XPS exporting, color separation. (

Chances are good that you ended up with the right version of the program for your needs.
    You can always upgrade later.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)