Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default v7: Page spread bug

Hi,

Just trying V7 (not Pro) and I've hit a problem with objects which are off the page and yet are in the page spread (ie pasteboard) area.

I opened a new A4 portrait document and set File|PageOptions^PageSize.[100cm]PageSpread.

I then zoomed out and drew 4 rectangles (about A6-ish in size) in the N, S, E & W positions around the empty page. They were all about 75cm (ie, between 2 & 3 page-heights) away from the edge of the page rectangle. They should all be within the PageSpread pasteboard area.

Zoom in on the West rectangle until it fills the screen. Now zoom out again out and then zoom in on the East one, then the same with the South one and then finally try the North one.

As I get close to the North one (so that it's maybe 1/4 the size of the screen), it 'walks' off the edge of the screen. I can never zoom in to the North object.

In other words, zoom seems to be affecting PageSpread to the North of the page.

Anyone else see this? Or is it just my misunderstanding of something? (As usual!)

Default Re: v7: Page spread bug

Hi, i have bought the V7 of Xara Photo & Graphic designer and i have no problems.
    Maybe a screen capture of what you see would help to find the problem

Hey, I have read it again..... Aren't you drawing outside of the page area?

I can see that too Brian
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the confirm. I wonder if it's anything to do with the way pages are stacked one above the other in the Xara workspace?

Anyway... could you transfer this thread to the "Dear Xara.." forum as it now looks like it's an actual bug? Ta!

ok - done
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...