Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WD7 posting photos

Your design looks exactly the same as your website. I don't see any problems.
    John.

John, yes, of course it does! That’s the point. I CANNOT post a photo without it bouncing, snapping or moving down to the bottom of the page in that middle text area. No matter what I do - it moves. I had hoped you could tell me why it might do that. Since I can’t do it without it moving down the page, I don't - I can't post a photo there. Otherwise it would look bad. I had hoped you could tell from the file, or know of some setting or reason why it’s doing that.

I cannot find a problem in doing what you explain with your file.
    I add a new image to the mouseoff layer near the top of the home page and set repelling. I preview and the image is exactly where I expect it to be in all browsers tested.

Screenshot -- http://i.imgur.com/6PXHH.jpg

May I suggest that because your *.web file is a very large 112 page publication (each page quite long and very heavy on graphics and code placeholders) it may benefit from splitting into a number of less memory demanding and more manageable *.web files.

There has been many posts on both forums explaining the merits of this so I won't go into it here.

Thanks and absolutely the right suggestion on breaking it up. Frankly I'm just so swamped - and a bit terrified of screwing it up - that I haven't done it.

I just don't know on the photo. Perhaps it has some to do with the layer. When I place the photo and set the repel, it lands down the page. And when it moves down the page (not sure I mentioned this) the text that was repelled remains in the same repelled configuration with awhite hole when the photo should have been .

I use XDPro6 and it is doing the same problem for me. I've attached screen shots to show what's happening. First one shows the blank white rectangle where the photo was supposed to be. Second shows where it ended up, about 1/2 way down the page. I'll experiment and see if I can find anything. The photo still moves down the page whether it's set to repel or not.

EDIT: The problem is it's being put on to the wrong layer. Make sure you import or paste onto the mouseoff layer and not imported mouseoff (8). See photo 4 attached.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture004.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	82375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture049.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	82376  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture050.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	82377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture051.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	82378  

Last edited by jimhanus; 15 June 2011 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petner View Post
    Thanks and absolutely the right suggestion on breaking it up. Frankly I'm just so swamped - and a bit terrified of screwing it up - that I haven't done it.

I just don't know on the photo. Perhaps it has some to do with the layer. When I place the photo and set the repel, it lands down the page. And when it moves down the page (not sure I mentioned this) the text that was repelled remains in the same repelled configuration with awhite hole when the photo should have been .
    Well, I think that I have found both the problem and a simple solution. After I read the note from shapeshifter, and the word 'layer' was mentioned, it occured to me that my problem is one of the layers. So I pasted a couple images and each time did a "move back" the image to another layer, and now it's fine. I suppose that somehow I do something with the layers when I posted the original and culprit photo.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    I use XDPro6 and it is doing the same problem for me. I've attached screen shots to show what's happening. First one shows the blank white rectangle where the photo was supposed to be. Second shows where it ended up, about 1/2 way down the page. I'll experiment and see if I can find anything. The photo still moves down the page whether it's set to repel or not.

EDIT: The problem is it's being put on to the wrong layer. Make sure you import or paste onto the mouseoff layer and not imported mouseoff (8). See photo 4 attached.

Jim
    Thanks Jim,
    It is indeed a layer problem. Crazy. But I suppose in the rush to get things up, I continued to import the photo on the wrong layer. Yet the fix was staring me in the face. Thanks for reinforcing (and showing) the solution.
    On a somewhat different note, earlier in the thread someone wisely suggested that I break my website into more manageable pieces, which is the right idea. But after going through this, I'm reluctant for fear of one 'bad paste' and have my entire site go down.