Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WD7 posting photos

I’m experienced a real first with my WD7 premium version. The problem I’m encountering is with images on my homepage. If I paste an image near the top and wrap text around it, it looks fine, but when I do a “page preview,” it shows much lower on the page, and roughly in the same spot lower on the page. And where I had the image at the top, the image space is blank and the text is still repelled. I must have hit some setting to change things. It was fine for weeks, but suddenly I’m experiencing this problem. The problem suddenly came just after I pasted an one image…can’t figure out what I did to permanently change things. Somehow I feel as if I'm overlooking a setting.
    Any idea what I may have done wrong here?
    Thanks
    Tom Petner

Default Re: WD7 posting photos

Please attach your design (.web) file.
    John.

Hi John,
    Did you ever have those days when you can't seem to do anything quite right. This is my time. I can't seem to upload the file. I keep getting an error message. As I try this again, perhaps a link to my site will help, where you can see the latest I uploaded this morning:

http://www.the247newsroom.com

At the top of the home page is where I've tried repeatedly to paste in a photo. As always the pasting process goes well, but for the first time, after uploading a particular photo, I can't seem to do it without it showing someplace else...further down in the page.

Perhaps you can take a look, and I'll give it another shot at uploading the file.
    Thanks much,
    Tom Petner

From your page I can not understand where you were expecting the photo to be placed, although I can guess which photo you are talking about.
    If you have problems attaching your .web file to the forum message, you can upload it to your server and give me a link to download.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by petner View Post
    Hi John,
    Did you ever have those days when you can't seem to do anything quite right. This is my time. I can't seem to upload the file. I keep getting an error message. As I try this again, perhaps a link to my site will help, where you can see the latest I uploaded this morning:

http://www.the247newsroom.com

At the top of the home page is where I've tried repeatedly to paste in a photo. As always the pasting process goes well, but for the first time, after uploading a particular photo, I can't seem to do it without it showing someplace else...further down in the page.

Perhaps you can take a look, and I'll give it another shot at uploading the file.
    Thanks much,
    Tom Petner
    At the top of the page, John, there are a few links about checkbook journalism. In that area - embedded in the text - is where I've tried to paste a photo. Each time, when I do a page preview, it shows below.

Yesterday, it was a different story but the same issue. I paste the photo, and then set the photo to repel text.

Let me give it another shot at uploading the files. I would let you access the server - I'm hosted on Pair Networks - and I suspect hat I would need to give you some access ino...is there a direct, private way to send you that info?
    Thanks

I tried again to upload my file and attach to this message, without success. It's too big, a little over 6MB. I would give you access to the server, but I need a place to send the access inof,
    Thanks
    Tom Petner

John, dd you happen to get a look at the server side of my site? I still can't figure out why those photos are landing lower in the page.
    Thanks
    Tom Petner

If it is too big for the forum, try zipping it. If still too big, you can upload to say dropbox to your public folder on dropbox and provide a link here.

Kind of hard to help without the design file.

Take care, Mike

Thanks, and yes that true about having the file to figure it out. I sent along to John a way to access my files on the server.
    Tom

Hi folks on the boards, as suggested I copied my .web file into dropbox. here it is:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23988925/247...12%20forum.web

Tom