Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Exporting gif animation frames

I think you'll find that GIF Frame Extractor will do exactly what you require with that Corel animation file.
    See attached zip file which shows frames 1 through to 19 without any dropped pixels.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Xara can only export pixels that are present in a frame and cannot not include latent pixels from other frames.
    This isn't totally correct though it doesn't automatically remove duplicate pixels from consecutive frames. Have a play with the background and overlay options in the frame gallery to see the effects you can get. Appropriate use of these options can greatly reduce the size of some animations.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry. I was referring to opening an animated .gif in a drawing document and not an animation document. Using the option to export each layer to an individual file so each frame of the animation is a seperate image. When this was done an animation created within Corel exhibited missing pixels as an individual png image.

Gif animations created within Xara all perform flawless export of layers to individual files.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill

I think this is a xara problem because other software like Irfanview and the one suggested by ShapeShifter have no problem.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

I see the same missing portions of each frame in GIF Movie Gear. It may share a similar algorithm for displaying animated gif frames.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ball4-frames-gif_movie_gear.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	82733  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes, the program that created that animation has automatically generated all of the frames except for the first one as overlay frames by subraction of the previous frame from the current frame. To create new frames from it you will need to have all the images aligned correctly on top of each other (do they all come in at the same pixel size, if not then alignment may be tricky) and then export all of the frames from the back up to the point you want. If the import in DP does align them all nicely then you can use the page and layer gallery to hide all except the back one, export, show the next, export, etc. Certainly not as nice as the automatic export of each layer...

Gerry

Thanks Gerry the frames are the same size in Designer Pro and in GIF Movie Gear. Aridzone wants a way to export each frame as an individual graphic and I suggested using DP's ability to export each layer as a file. This resulted in the discussion about the missing pixels. Irfanview and GIF Frame Extractor create files without missing pixels. Adobe Image Ready displays each frame without missing pixels. Is it logical to assume Irfanview, GIF Frame Extractor, and Image Ready perform some 'overlay' technique to show/extract frames with all pixels intact?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update