Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website size to fit browser - WD6

Folks,

Can someone please help. I have just published my website, but the website pages are a good bit smaller than the browser window. When I go into page options it says the page is 955pix web page (xga).

I used the infrastructure template, edited photos and layout text etc and assumed each page would automatically scale the browser, but this has not happened.

Any advice on how to solve his would be greatly appreciated, if I am missing something simple, please bear with me.

Thank in advance for your help

Default Re: Website size to fit browser - WD6

Hello cph,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Web Pages created by Web Designer and/or Designer Pro are WYSIWIG. They do not dynamically change size as a user may change the size of their browser window.

Many users do not have a web browser open to full screen but use a smaller window size that allows for their other open applications also remain viewable/usable.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Website size to fit browser - WD6

Welcome to TalkGraphics

WD creates a fixed size page that automatically centers in the visitor's browser.

There are a large variety of monitor sizes. According to W3C the most common resolution is 1024 x 768. But even at that size not everybody's browser is set to the full screen.

So you need to decide what size you want your page to be and what size will be common for most visitors. You can create a custom width for your page and drag the bottom to make the page deeper or less deep.

Just because your page floats with space around it does not make it bad. The space around your page can add a frame for your material.

Does this make any sense?