Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Copy interface to different user profile

I have customized a standard user profile Sam in my win 764 XDP7 interface.
    (added buttons, etc)

Is it possible to export/save that interface and pull it into the program and use the interface when I "Run As Administrator"? Or do I need to just spend time rebuilding?

As a User, when I work with a web site file, I have to republish locally all pages every time I open the file. It does not remember where I stored my preview. I am hoping that by running as administrator that will no longer be necessary. (My website file built in XWD6 moved to XDP6 and moved to XDP7 ends in .xar not .web)
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: Copy interface to different user profile

Samantha have you used my XaReg program? If not you can download load the most recent version (Aug 2010) from my signature link.

Unzip the XaReg.exe to a folder on your hard drive. Close any Xara applications then double click the programs icon to run it.

XaReg will search your registry for all installed versions of Xara X, X¹, Xtreme, Web Designer, Designer Pro, Photo & Graphic Designer on your system.

When the list is displayed click to select the version you want to save the controlbar configuration. Click the File menu > Save > Toolbar or use Ctrl+T. A save dialog will open where you can accept the suggested filename or edit/change the filename, XaReg will create a .xml file with all your controlbar configuration.

To load that configuration run XaReg in your other profile and click to select the Xara version, Click File menu > Load > Toolbar or use Ctrl+B. In the dialog that opens locate and select the .xml file created using the other profile and Click the Load button. XaReg will tell you when the file has updated your registry with the controlbar configuration. Close XaReg then run you Xara application.

BTW the Save Settings and Load Settings is used to save and load the other XaReg options you may have decided to make.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you kind sir. I am not using it but it sounds terrific.
    I have seen you and others recommend it to others for different purposes.
    Didn't realize this option was included in it or I would have added it a long time ago!
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

It worked like a charm. Toolbars match. Thank you!
    Will need to read up about the other options before I play with them.

It also came back with some strange result from my registry.
    This machine has only two applicable programs installed: XDP6 & XDP7.
    Never had previous versions on the laptop. They were on the old dead desktop unit.
    Yet the file shows interesting results..

I am still have publishing issues in 7 like I did in 6 (has to due full local publish every time I open the file), and it may be related to a registry issue.
    Wonder if I should uninstall XDP6 once I have registered XDP7. Might still leave a registry remnant and not resolve the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaReg_difference.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	82286  
    -Samantha

Samantha nothing probably wrong with your registry. The misidentifying the exe filename is most likely due to a glitch in my program which does some assumptions to speed up the display of the main interface.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I have been reading about XaReg... Quite a nice addition. I adjusted my blobs a tad and think it will make gradients easier for me. And line color. right click/left click should work out well. Will give the new settings a spin tomorrow.

I think I found a typo in the program. Pen support for Pressure mode has a hover for "Ticked enables pressure profiles for Stokes" Should that be Strokes?
    -Samantha

Yes it should be strokes.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

please help,
    first there is an error message when i try to open the xareg program
    screenshot below, but can continue with that

next i am not able to find the save toolbar settings option
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	82291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xareg sceenshot.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	82290

Salkis you are running a much older version of XaReg. Your screen shot shows Version 1.4.0.0.

The version required to save and load toolbars must be 1.4.4.0 which is only available using the link in my signature.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update