Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where did the files go????

Hi. I upgraded from Xara web designer 6 to 7 premium. In version 6 all my .htm files were located in the folders where I saved my .web files. Which is where I wanted them. although I can't really recall how I got them all there.

Then I switched to 7 premium. I created a new website in my Documents folder and a sub-folder of that and went about creating a new website, previewing the files etc.

Then I looked in that folder and didn't see any of my .htm files as per how 6 saved them. Hmmm..... Where did they go? I finally tracked them down to a \temp folder under my documents and settings\local settings\temp\XAR27758\ folder in my C:\ drive, which I reserve for Windows. They're not in my D:\ drive where I keep my data files (and are backed up daily) WTF???

So, I naturally enough, went looking for some type of a default file setting in the program. The only thing I found was a backup setting under options, which points to a documents and settings file that goes to a Xara Backup folder in my c:\drive. My .web files are apparently being backed up in there.

Which leads me to my question: does anyone know how to get the .htm files and my .web files being saved automagically to the same folder on my D: drive??? I've looked through the manual and can't really seem to see where or how to change this. Am I missing something??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Where did the files go????

Use SAVE AS and browse to where you want to save :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

sure wish I would have thought of that prior to posting this

These things happen to all of us
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Actually you need to "Export website" to the desired location rather than "Save as" which will just save your .web file.

Gerry

thanks, just found that out too!

See what I mean??

it just goes on and on