Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro 7 - Widget worry

Currently bemused by a web widget in Designer Pro 7, specifically the Eyecatcher Tile Effect Slideshow 2.

I have this set up and running well on a page, and have attempted to edit it so that the text beneath each graphic is central to the image. In both editing view for the widget, and on the page displayed in Xara main screen, this change is shown. However, as soon as I either preview the page in any web browser, or export the site I'm building and view the relevant page.... the text is back as left-hand justified.

Any ideas on how to fix this gratefully received.

Default Re: Designer Pro 7 - Widget worry

Welcome to TalkGraphics Nathan

I am not sure about the slideshow 2 eyecatcher, but I have experienced the same lack of justification control in some of the cloud zoom and was told by Xara that justification is not supported at this time.

Hi Garry, thanks for the reply.

What I'm not understanding at all, is if justification is not supported, why is it possible to justify text within the program? It makes me wonder what else I am going to see that appears to work, until it is actually used for real. Not good.

Hi

open the web properties dialog from the utilities menu and click on the Page tab. Click on the button labelled HTML Code (head).

Insert the following.

<style>
    .cs-title {
    text-align: center;
    }
    </style>

This will hopefully cause the text within the coinslider to display as centered.

Thanks

Marvellous! Worked like a charm. Very pleased that Xara does support this. I've been using Dreamweaver for years, but am really enjoying my first dabble with Xara, in particular the elegance of graphical design. Thanks for the explanation.