Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Error when opening custom nav bar with designer pro 7

When using designer pro 7 I get "access violation exception at 0X01448F57" when trying to open a custom navigation bar done in designer pro 6. This .xar file has 38 pages. On the other hand, I have a 2 page file with the same navigation bar that opens just fine. I'm not sure if it's the size of the file that is making this error or if the file itself is corrupted.
    Has anyone come across this error? Any suggestions on fixing it would be appreciated.

Default Re: Error when opening custom nav bar with designer pro 7

Welcome to TalkGraphics Carlitos

I am not sure if this would work or if this will help but it is worth a try.

Ungroup the Navigation bar in your 2 page document (In the navigation bar properties menu select Ungroup to Edit Graphics.

Copy one of the buttons and paste it into your problem document.

Check to make sure that both states of the button are on the proper layers, MouseOff and MouseOver. You can do this by clicking the S icon for each layer in the Page and Layer Gallery. If you have both button states then open the Navigation Bar Tool menu and see if you can recreate your navigation bar.

Let us know if this works.

Default Re: Error when opening custom nav bar with designer pro 7

Hi Can we see the file please as we would like to identify the cause? Please submit a support ticket from http://support.xara.com and the support team will instruct you on how to send the xar file.

Many thanks