Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have just looked at yr. 'spiral' site - fantastic! They'd look great as prints - really effective. Also, loved your Featured Artist pages, esp. the Harwich ones - I lived near there as a child and found them very nostalgic. Thanks, Penny

Penny
    Thans for the comments. If you are interested in Harwich you can view harwich web siteIt's a site I do for the Harwich Society, graphics made exclusively with Xara. Sorry to post this here but you have'nt got an email in your profile
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Make in CorelDRAW! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Fontman.
    Okay you can produce the spiral in Corel Draw far easier, but what control do you have on the spiral? Can you make it dissapear with depth etc. Can you apply the other effects that are so easy in Xara X ?
    I don't know, I had Draw 4 once and it was so painful I coul'nt use it.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for sharing your spiral file, Egg! I also checked out "spirals", [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Too cool! I especially like the second to last one!
    TerrieLee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It's possible to create spirals of arbitrary size using the Shape Editor Tool by starting at the middle with the following simple pattern of nodes.

Using a suitable grid spacing, choose Window > Show Grid, ... > Snap to Grid and zoom in to see the grid marks. With the Make curve 'C' button pressed and calling your first point (0,0), add points in the following order: (1,-1), (0,-2), (-2,-1) (the pattern will be a lot clearer if you try and copy the attachment). Thereafter, simply space the new point 2 grid units away from the previous point on that side of the spiral.

The last line segment doesn't curve in the correct way automatically, so either push it into shape with the same tool or draw one extra segment and break the line at the previous node.

Regards - Sean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spiral.png 
Views:	363 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	13288  
    Regards - Sean

There's a freeware font called Omega Swirls which you can download from the Dingbat Pages:

http://www.dingbatpages.com/ornament/ornament03.html

If the spiral shape isn't quite right, you can always stretch, rotate, size or skew it once it's in Xara.

Regards - Adil

In the past I've used a Maths program that outputs the graphs as wmfs for this type of work. There's plenty of shareware ones out there. I've got a thing called Mathview from Mathwizards.com , but it may be a bit techie for some - you have to program in the equations.