Originally posted by Jens Lukas:
jens@lukas-fotos.de
Could you tell me, where I can get "Professional Draw" 1.0 or higher for PC. I bought it years ago as it was in a magazine. It´s a great programmme to write in a curve. But I lost the disks?
Please help!

Originally posted by GeorgeB:
Thanks Gary for your prompt reply. I have extensive experience with a drawing package called Professional Draw put out by a Canadian software company called Gold Disk which sadly has gone to software heaven! I managed to hold onto it from Win3 days but it runs erratically under XP. Its metaphor is very similar to Xara's except that if you clicked onto a 20pt text object it would temporarily default to 20 pt and you could use it for existing edits and to create new text until you clicked out of text mode. I was trying to reproduce this way of working but you have confirmed that Xara does not work that way.

I believe the line sizing does not work in a consistent fashion. If you create a box and leave it selected then click on a dialog box size, the line is immediately resized.Xara treats the click as select+enter. However if you nominate your own size and type it in, nothing happens if you do not press Enter. I was not pressing enter and so I could not understand why it was not changing the line size. Although your post did not say this it forced me to keep trying until it dawned on me to press enter.

Thanks again. What a great forum!
George