Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using Sean's 24 bit transparency mask

I just installed Graphic Designer 7 and Sean's transparency mask. It seems I got it installed okay, at least it comes up in the Live Effect menu, I assume that is where the plug-ins are? I followed the steps on Sean's web site but, when I create the mask the non-white portions turn black. But when I go to the Bitmap gallery I don't see the mask.

Default Re: Using Sean's 24 bit transparency mask

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

or you could select your bitmap - go to the bitmap gallery and select same bitmap there, and then click the gallery 'apply as transparency' [transp] button which should turn all your image white transparent - which was the purpose of sean's plugin, it goes back a long way, things have moved on
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

mind you if you do this in recent versions of designer/xtreme it will affect all copies of the bitmap currently in the document [ones you add after will not be ] and that includes ones than have been modifiedl, but not yet 'fixed by making a bitmap copy..

you can always make a bitmap copt first of course, to avoid this

EDIT - in fact only on the current page... not the document as a whole.... hummm sometimes I have difficulty keeping up with all the changes...
    Nothing lasts forever...

and finally [hopefully] it seems you cannot apply transparency with a bitmap that is a true colour + alpha copy, only a true colour one, even if the true colour + alpha has a white background [and true colour + alpha is the bitmap copy default...]

sometimes things you do everyday turn out more complicated when you try to explain them

[sigh]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Laguna Zip

Sean Sedwards filters were created years ago to supplement features that did not exist in the current version. Most of these are horribly out of date and if Mr. Priester were not so busy with his silly stereograms he would remove them.

For creating transparency use the Mehdi > Eraser Classic found in the Live Effects drop down. Mehdi also has an Eraser Genuine filter which you can download from the Mehdi site and which give you more control. Mehdi has a ton of free and effective filters that work fine with Xara products.

I find a non bitmap effect bitmap [photo whatever you want to label it] easier to work with than a bitmap effect one, especially those that end up locked like it or no

each to their own - mehdi effects are certainly good ones
    Nothing lasts forever...