Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Probably a Dumb Question

Hullo Everyone,

I've been surfing through everyone's web designs and depressing myself (they all seem much better than anything I can do or have done or will be able to do!) and I need to ask a question that most of you will probably find laughable.

Looking at the source code most of the example website in the gallery and elsewhere have CSS sheets which as far as I am aware are not used in Xara Web Designer or Xtreme Pro.

Therefore can I assume that you talented people are designing your websites in the Xara software and then tweaking the html to your own needs and publishing using another type of software.

Which sort of leaves me miles behind as I use Xara software for the lot!

Thanks for any replies and I have to say I am mightily impressed by the work on display. Having said that I have been paid for two of my Xara sites...so I must be doing a couple of things right!

Cheers
    David

Default Re: Probably a Dumb Question

Hello David

When Xara exports a website, it also exports a Index_html_files folder. In this folder is a CSS style sheet, your images, any Javascripts, and anything other than the HTML pages.

Instead of being depressed, just throw up your hands and say, I can never live up to this. I am going to go back to brain surgery.

(Just kidding). Some members are really excellent designers and other have really excellent taste and have selected the perfect pre-designed template.

I prefer to create sites from scratch. But there are some really handsome and effective sites that were created using templates. And building a website with a template can be a good way to get an overview and a good feel for how the process works.

And if you get lost, we're always here to help you.

Default Re: Probably a Dumb Question

Most websites made with WD are not modified after export. If there is some custom code present, it was inserted with code placeholders or code fields.
    John.