Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Beginning to think the program is haunted! Link problems - mystery black box

Hello

Have made a very simple signpost page to other areas of our web site. Was very shocked to see that black pop up boxes are appearing over some of the graphics, even though there is nothing set - that I can see. Also, no matter how many times I set some of the links, they don't stick, and all go to the same page.

Anyone else having similar problems, or just me again. PLEASE help - this one has me really foxed. Thanks in advance.

Ali

Default Re: Beginning to think the program is haunted! Link problems - mystery black box

Meant to post a screenshot. Or two. Neither shows the bigger problem which is that I can't get the links to stick, no matter how many times I set them. For example, when set to the Ambulance page, the link will go to Humanitarian. Redo - still does it. Should I rebuild the page - it's fairly simple. Or is it something more involved than that.

Thanks.

Ali
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weirdblackbox.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	82055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackboxsample.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	82056  

Last edited by Artyboots; 29 May 2011 at 09:11 PM.

Default Re: Beginning to think the program is haunted! Link problems - mystery black box

HI Ali, please post the .xar or .web file here so we can have a look
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Check your mouseover layer.
    John.

Hi Covoxer,

This is why no one should work when they are exhausted. What an idiot I am. Thank you John. HOWEVER, it points up something that would be a good feature. You know when you go to create an object it tells you you're doing it on the mouseover layer.. as the box is already up, it would be good to have a Continue y/n, because idiots like me just click out but forget the debris they've left behind.

Btw my links are still haunted. I note that in the Easy Accordian, the link to www.xara.com works fine. But if I replace it with a link of my own it returns a 404 error. I note a lot of the links have tildes in them, which I never noticed before and wonder whether it is significant.

Sorry to be such a twit, but this is my first web site in Xara.... I think it shows!

Best wishes.

Ali