Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Eyecatcher widgets - linking to local pages?

Hello,

Am I right in thinking you can't link to your local web pages from a widget - but only via a URL? Presumably you would have to publish the whole site first to see what urls Xara gives the pages, before going back into the xar file and setting the page links in the widget.

If I have misunderstood - phew. Would be grateful for a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks.

A

Default Re: Eyecatcher widgets - linking to local pages?

Same problem when using links inside the new group edit little window. Suddenly you can't get at the internal links to pages.

Think this is going to be quite difficult - so very annoying to have to publish in order to pick up URLS. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there any way to have Xara link to an actual page, rather than a number. Just spent time linking to about ten pages, deleted one, then found all the links were one out. Again - guys, am I doing something wrong?

If I have to think in a certain way for Xara, I am prepared to do it. But I need to know the workarounds for some of the basic problems.

Thanks in advance.

Ali

Yes, this issue is known about. We will try to address it (it should be fairly simple for the list of page links to be built from the parent document rather than the widget or edit inside one) but you can quite easily work around the problem now by giving your web pages a name in the web properties dialog. Then you will know in advance what the names of the pages will be and can link to them easily.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Thanks very much for this. I am just relieved there is a glitch - and it's not my sanity in question. I found the workaround you suggest. Looking forward to the patch. Onwards and upwards.

Ali