Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Antialiasing

Default Antialiasing

Hello

Feel stupid asking this, because I suspect it is very obvious. Looked in the manual - no specific entry. How can I switch off antialiasing to get the cleanest edge on a simple rectangle? I am trying to make a background image and can see slight lines on my graphic that appear to be antialiasing. Am not using unusual units and the graphic is in whole pixels. No feathering on. Pl could someone kind direct me to the setting?

Many thanks.

A

Default Re: Antialiasing

The best way to do this is to make sure that A). your rectangle is in exact pixel units (480px vs. 479.6px for example). Any fractional pixel gets anti-aliased to the background or page color and B). that your rectangle is positioned on the page in even pixel amounts.

Also, if your rectangle has an outline this will cause problems because Xara splits the width of the outline and puts one half on the inside of the rectangle and one half of the outline on the outside. If you want to have an outline, create a clone with an outline then convert the clone outline to shapes (Arrange > Convert Line to Shape), resize the outline to even pixels if necessary, and remove the outline from the original rectangle.

This make any sense?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exact-pixels.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	82037  

Default Re: Antialiasing

Thanks Gary. I appreciate it.

Going to check.

Ali