Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web pages jumping when loading

I have just upgraded to DP7, and all of a sudden the pages jump when loading in a browser. Any ideas why this is happening?
    Also, is it possible to anchor a navbar? I have one navbar at the top which is fine, but if I repeat the side navbar on all pages, it changes position relative to some background image causing it to move down the page relative to the amount of stretch I have given it. At the moment I have created the side navbar on each page individually to counter this problem, but it is not really the best practice.

Default Re: Web pages jumping when loading

Do they jump to the right? About 35 pixels?

Curiously, if I open the identical file in both XWD6 and XWD7, it jumps in 7 but not in 6. I also got a jump from a file that had only a single large graphic, so it can't be a corrupted file unless they all get corrupted upon saving.

I'll send a package of all my tests to support, hopefully today. Double-blind comparisons to analyze.

Hi mikehihn
    Not quite as you experienced. Could jump up, to the right, left etc, but only slightly. It's mostly sorted itself out now. May be a caching issue, but as you said, it didn't do this in DP6.

Do you use page transitions?
    John.

No page transitions when this started. I have implemented some transitions on one of the pages now, but this page is stable.
    You can see the effect here:

http://www.actionitcs.com/solvents/index.htm

If you have a page that is not full screen and the next page requires scrolling, you will get a page jump.

Wiewing on chrome I get a jump to the right after the pages have initially draw themselves for the first time. any subsequent visit to a page that has been viewed doesn't have any jumping. Any significance?

Most of the pages exceed full screen, yet still jump. Doesn't do it all the time though????