Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Architectural Illustrations

Is anyone uses Xara Designer Pro for Architecture Concept Drawings and Architecture Illustrations? Similar to these:

http://jcalabrese.com/Gallery/port.htm

I looked in the Xara Gallery but could not find any.

Cheers

Knute

Default Re: Architectural Illustrations

I use Xara Extreme Pro 4 for architectural graphics, to poche' floor and site plans, etc. This economic depression has killed the opportunity for nice graphics in my locale though... So, what is your question going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by mg.architect View Post
    I use Xara Extreme Pro 4 for architectural graphics, to poche' floor and site plans, etc. This economic depression has killed the opportunity for nice graphics in my locale though... So, what is your question going to be?
    Thanks for replying, mg. I was looking to see some examples to see what is possible using Xara Xtreme for Arch. Vis/Illustration. (Think water colour concept drawings)

Cheers

Doug

Doug there were some excellent examples posted by Ross MacIntosh. They are still on the forums but difficult to locate because of the limitations of the vBulletin search feature. Ross has made more than 5000 posts over the years.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Doug there were some excellent examples posted by Ross MacIntosh. They are still on the forums but difficult to locate because of the limitations of the vBulletin search feature. Ross has made more than 5000 posts over the years.
    Thanks, Bill. I'll do a search for Ross's posts. All 5000 of 'em! :-)

For yearsI used to do those by hand but have never really done much with that in Xara I think mostly because I wanted do some oil painting and loosten up my stlyle. I used the 2 point projection method for the drawing and gouache for the painting, I could provide you with some examples for you to study if you want but they are much tighter than the examples you cited. If I were you I'd look into Google Sketchup free version to start, not sure if you could get the line drawing into Xara to color. I only got into Xara after health issues (brain bleed) forced me to retire, now I just try as best I can. However I'll do the what I can to help if you want it.
    Ross will be your best bet.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    For yearsI used to do those by hand but have never really done much with that in Xara I think mostly because I wanted do some oil painting and loosten up my stlyle. I used the 2 point projection method for the drawing and gouache for the painting, I could provide you with some examples for you to study if you want but they are much tighter than the examples you cited. If I were you I'd look into Google Sketchup free version to start, not sure if you could get the line drawing into Xara to color. I only got into Xara after health issues (brain bleed) forced me to retire, now I just try as best I can. However I'll do the what I can to help if you want it.
    Ross will be your best bet.

Thanks for posting, Larry. I too am forced into semi-retirement by health issues (quadruple heart bypass 4 months ago and ongoing Fibromyalgia. )

Like you, I already do some traditional oils and watercolours. In addition I am thinking of using Corel Painter 12 and/or Xara Designer Pro 7.

While Architectural Concept is one area, there are other possible areas for building paintings such as tourist board promotions, posters, historical buildings,etc,etc.

You have to think on your feet in this economy! :-)

Cheers

Doug

Ross mainly used Pro SketchUp and then brought them into Xara where he rendered the drawings. A main tool he used to bring the handrawn effects to the rendered sketches was plugins from Little Ink Pot but these plugins now don't work with either Xara Pro 5 or 6.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Peter it is true that Ross' later works were Sketchup but some of his older work was pure Xara. I remember some of his drawings from 2000 and 2001 but could not find them using vBulletin's search.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Who was the person about two years ago who posted some architectural sales pages done in Xtreme that were absolutely mind-blowing? (Not that Ross's aren't also mind-blowing.) Strip malls, fountains, people, ambiance, arrrggg, I wish I could remember.

Google returns these threads by Ross: #1, #2, #3.