Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: "In place" editing of more than one object - how complex is simple !!?

Some develeopments might carry some ignorances. In my opinion, you should be more concerned about the "ideas" than non-native languages!
    I tried to learn a language and i guess it is enough to explain the exact case now. Please also you try to understand the possible scenarios that Xara is facing now and would possibly overcome in the future. I would be pleased to give more examples that force us to repeat the same edits on a single page, bringing a boring work, totally damaging the idea of "computers" apart from a software itself! You can not make progress if you don't criticise (not decry) the status quo.
    IP

Default Re: "In place" editing of more than one object - how complex is simple !!?

decry does not mean criticise, it means condemn [in a depreciating manner] - you get nowhere by being pushy and unrealistic

nothing wrong with criticism of a constructive nature

and also like I said nothing wrong with ideas - but when you proffer ideas you should take counter argument on board, you get nowhere by rubbishing it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

You should be more open to criticisms. I dont't think i'm depreciating anyone. I can understand your sensitivity to some level but if i were you i would admire "any" contribution. If you try to improve my english, OK i accept it and learn from you, this won't hurt me. But if I try to improve Xara, not my nature, please also you accept it! I've already made proposals without any reply. If you don't need my ideas, please tell it directly!
    IP

You have had reply - GerryI's posts

Gerry works for Xara

The way I read it is that your suggestion is impractical for several reasons, which are possibly to do with the way that the program is conceived/designed/written/implemented/road-mapped etc - I can't say for sure, I don't work for Xara or Magix

An impractical suggestion is not an unwelcome one - just impractical.. on technical/cost/overhead grounds... whatever - maybe implementing it would have downsides elsewhere

suggestions for improvements are always very welcome, thank you, but sometimes the answer is going to be [regretfully] no, not at this time, sorry - that's life
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I'm so sure that this small detail will have much more supporters than you would imagine. Please call me that time, i would be pleased to support the product. Thank you for all the explanations.
    IP

what it would do, almost certainly, is increase the cost of the software significantly because it is not a small detail technically, that much I can appreciate

and I can also see it would be welcome as an option, I would like it myself - but as resources are always limited there are other things I would like first - and we are all different in that respect are we not

thanks
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Resources are enough until the judgement day, don't worry, Allah arranged and still controlling and will always controll any resource you can or can't imagine. What makes the resources limited is the people whinking with limited minds!

If you now need easiness, tell me now, which one is easy!

1. Taking the coordinates of each of the 5 rectangle, finding their central point and modifying each of them with respect to this central as a single group!!
    2. Taking the coordinates and modifying them at their place without any imaginary grouping!!!
    IP

well if you are going to be philosophical I'll refer you to Aesop - it is dead easy for someone to say how simple it would be to do something - eg put the bell round the cat's neck to warn the mice when he is coming - but pity the poor mouse that actually has to do it, cause it ain't that easy..... words are cheap, especially when you don't appreciate what is involved

since you persist in being rude ['limited minds'] I'm closing the thread
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP