Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Folks,

This ought to be do-able ...

In my animation, Frames 1 through 9 work fine. The transparency works like a charm, the incremental movement is crisp ..... BUT!

frame 10 starts a 'new' series and need to not only be transparent, it also has to wipe out the previous images.

Can I do that, and importantly .. how?

Thanks

Hi Folks,

This ought to be do-able ...

In my animation, Frames 1 through 9 work fine. The transparency works like a charm, the incremental movement is crisp ..... BUT!

frame 10 starts a 'new' series and need to not only be transparent, it also has to wipe out the previous images.

Can I do that, and importantly .. how?

Thanks

Not sure if that is possible.

I would think that the transparency is a either/or issue and not based on indivisual frames. If I am not mistaken, this is the limitation of GIFs animations. And I do not believe you can do this in Flash either.

The only thing I can suggest you might try is to create two animations, the second containing transparency. Then open the first animation, and import the second and add the frames at the end of the non-transparent animation. But I doubt this will work.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

Paul, I don’t think you can do this as one animation in Xara. You can try this idea, but I don’t know if it would work.

Setup each ‘scene’ as a separate file in Xara, then output each to GIF. Use a program like Ulead’s GIF Animator to import each file into one big one. Maybe insert blank ‘filler’ image between separate scenes will help.

Sounds like you’re really trying to push the envelope for a GIF animation!

[] Error 13: Illegal brain function. Process terminated.

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>
    Irene M. Kraus a.k.a. The Computer Lady!
    Graphic & Web Page Design www.design-comp.com
    President/Newsletter Editor/Webmaster - CEBUG www.cebug.org
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet

Hi Paul
    I think that you could make it work. But if frame 10 is a totally different scene it might be tricky. You would have to import or copy and paste the scene for frame 10 into your existing image.
    When you are in the current image on frame 9 then you would copy that and make frame 10. Then delte the image so that frame 10 is blank. Then copy, paste the new scene into frame 10. But you will have make it the same size and in the same X, Y , position so that it will look good in the animation. Other than that it should work fine as long as the scene in frame 10 has the same background color then the transparency should work too.
    Maybe you can tell us a little more or show us your animation.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire